Construction activities must be changed fundamentally to ensure long-term sustainability. But is that all? Trying to address issues like climate change, resource scarcity, urban sprawl, new technology adoption, and labour shortages. Inclusion of the labour pool and changing demographics are important benchmarks for improving the construction sector.
What are we at NHEO doing for a sustainable future?
NHEO organizes the Sustainable Construction Conference in November to combat climate change and environmental issues. This demonstrates our commitment to reducing carbon emissions and thereby reducing global climate change in line with the Paris Agreement. We’re working hard to meet those goals while also reducing our emissions by half by 2030.
With the help of well-known corporations, we will educate and raise awareness about these serious issues for approximately one million people worldwide while providing free training in concepts like sustainable development, pluralism, and inclusion. Priorities include advanced materials, leadership development, and safety.
By fostering creativity and innovation, our Sustainable Construction Conference will inspire the direction of environmentally friendly construction. Tomorrow’s business experts must be environmentally conscious in order to compete effectively, reduce environmental impact, and promote a positive workplace culture. Communities can enrich and transform their world by providing better infrastructure.
What are the objectives of our conference?
As an effective platform for raising environmental awareness, NHEO has proven itself in the industrial and construction sectors.
According to the organization’s goals, progress and breakthroughs can be achieved by bringing together people from diverse cultures who want to make positive changes in their surroundings.
NHEO works with people from all walks of life who want to make a difference and address one of our most pressing issues.
NHEO has built a global platform that is open to almost everyone, attracting partners of all sizes and skill levels.
This is a fantastic business opportunity. This platform may help these businesses connect with our network to address common social and environmental challenges. This is critical because good relationships and cooperation among all stakeholders and the industry are critical to progress and growth.
UN’s Sustainable Development Goals for a prosperous, clean, and equal society. Six of the seventeen goals are construction-related.
Mayor Turner’s personal interest
Houston’s current mayor, Sylvester Turner, has expressed strong interest in our endeavour and has pledged his full support to it. He truly believes in our determination to overcome all environmental obstacles and combat climate change. His support means a lot to our mission in moving this forward.
What role can you play to combat Climate Change with the NHEO conference?
The construction industry is known for being complex and difficult to sustain, so this organization’s long-term plan is to reduce carbonization and pollution caused by old traditional ways.
As one of the most important economic sectors, construction helps maintain clean ecosystems and achieve global sustainability goals. The NHEO Institute’s mission is to inspire tomorrow’s innovators and pioneers. People-centric, diverse, sustainable, and collaborative businesses.
Stakeholder collaboration is critical to the sector’s future growth. You can now take action to help the NHEO Institute build a stronger, healthier, and more sustainable future for our community.
Target Audience for the conference
In addition to contractors, engineers, architects, design firms, and project owners and builders, NHEO initiatives and programmes address all businesses involved in the construction value chain.
Government officials are also targeted because they regulate the industry and fund most construction projects. Due to the industry’s socio-economic importance, the organization works with college and university students, as well as researchers and community leaders.
Sponsors and Speakers we have invited
When it comes to supporters, the NHEO conference has quite a few big names who appreciate their efforts and join them in this venture of creating a more sustainable ecosystem around the world. These companies are Google for Education, Bechtel, Turner, Exxon, SUNDT, American Electric Power, Stanford University, Texas Department of Transportation, SKANSKA, Acciona, Marsh, and Canada Infrastructure Bank.
Apart from these sponsors, well-renowned personalities also support this agenda and join the conferences as honoured speakers. Some of the most recent include:
- Anthony Foxx, Former U.S. Secretary of Transportation
- Cynthia Marhsall, CEO-Dallas Maverick
- Juan Sepulveda, Executive Director of the White House Initiative on Educational Excellence for Hispanics
- Miguel Galarza, CEO-Yerba Buena Construction & Engineering
- Thomas Angeltveitm, who is the Chief Executive Officer of BIM
- Nick Cleary, Chief Executive Officer Consolidated Land and Rail Australia
- Kyson Spendlove, Draftsman / Estimator Interstate Rock Products
- Max Cruz Gallardo, Project Estimator Bechtel
- Dhafer Alqahtani, Ph. D. Candidate Civil and Environmental Engineering Syracuse University
- Edith Guedella Bustamante, Head of Roads Environment ACCIONA
- Krista Reeder, Design Director Gensler
- Courtney Lorenz, Sustainability Consultant
- Thomas Angeltveit, BIM Manager Railway
- Holger (Hopi) Pietzsch, VP Marketing, Heavy Construction Hexagon
- William Hoban, President Enviro-Ex
- Daniel Bastidas, Project Controls Bechtel
- Alexis Bradshaw, Senior Vice President, Construction & Infrastructure Practice Marsh
- Carter Casady, Academic Director, Joint Centre for Public-Private Partnerships The Bartlett School of Sustainable Construction UC
- Lotta Wibeck, Digitalization Program Lead Skanska
- Kerrie Romanow, Chief Sustainability Officer City of San Jose
- Jimmy Hemmingsoon, Blockchef Stomkomplettering Skanska
How to Join:
Whether a company, an NGO, or a student, everyone has the opportunity to participate in the NHEO Sustainable Conference. There are no restrictions.